Back now. That was fun.
Best times were had chomping on people’s heads with Charlotte, posing with Mami-san and VOfan, attempting to sell Toradora! near the NIS America booth, meeting a ton of people new and old, laughing at the NicoNico booth comments, and hugging all those adorable girls.
If anyone has NicoNico Douga stream photos or video uploads, please let me know. I couldn’t see a thing out of my Charlotte costume and the Cirno and I (and Sakuya and Bromiji) are very curious about what people said. We were quite nervous with the people asking us questions and attempting to read comments (and failing) simultaneously.
Fresh out of the Cosplay Contest
– Slept only 2 hours due to worrying about forgetting something to take to the con. Forgot contact lens for cosplay, realizing so about 2 hours into the drive.
– Arrived at hotel after 10pm. Finally got to sleep after 1am.
– Woke up at 5am to get to the con early. Found wind and rain greeting us in Seattle, waited for the bus in Haruhi cosplay with a short skirt. Nearly froze.
– Drank a matcha latte to warm up and stay awake. Aghast upon realizing that it was not working well with lactose intolerance.
– Set up Artist Alley table. Met awesome tablemates. Realized that the display stand was about a foot too short.
– Went to Ito Noizi autograph session, got her signature on Haruhi novel, then neglected to protect the novel, so 25% of the ink has rubbed off since. Ms. Ito made comment to her manageress (“It’s the Disappearance movie Haruhi, isn’t it” “Yeah, it’s the Disappearance Haruhi”).
– Went to karaoke contest. Realized I was so tired there was no way I could belt out any song of quality. Gave up the rest of the contest.
– Went back to hotel in the rain and wind to change into Hideyoshi cosplay. Returned to convention, learned to stuff to create That Bulge, sat in a daze for the swimsuit contest.
Higurashi vs. Umineko
I don’t even know what to make of this scenario
BEATRICE! Oh, BEATRICE, my love!
Is anyone else going to Sakura-Con 2010, taking place in Seattle, Washington, from April 2nd through 4th? My cosplay group will be there for late Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday at the very least. We’re doing a group Umineko no Naku Koro ni cosplay, with a Kinzo, George, Battler, and Ange.
We’ll also be in the Cosplay Contest with a skit, titled “Law & Order: Seacats”. It has Scooby-Doo and Phoenix Wright. Come and watch if you can, but we’ll also try to find someone to tape the event, too.
I will have a table in the Artist Alley and be selling art there, so if you’re going to Sakura-Con, feel free to stop by my table. Currently I only have Vocaloid, Touhou, and Umineko art to go. You may request any art in the comments below.
A very late notice, but I’ll be attending Kumoricon 2009 in Portland, Oregon, from September 5th through 7th.
If you make it there and see something like the above picture, that might be my group.
I’m throwing together a costume in three days.
Credits go to MisoStudios for videotaping and uploading the clip
My cosplay group was god-awesome. Massive props to my friends. I’m so happy with how our skit turned out, despite that we only had about three days to work on it. Special shout-out to my kid brother for braving it on stage.
For some reason, people were laughing at times when we didn’t think there was a joke or anything funny (i.e. Kaito shaking Len). So if you can figure out why it was so funny, please let me know.
Is anyone else going to Anime Evolution 2009 from June 11th through 13th in Vancouver, BC, Ryoko-land? If you are, give me a holler when you’re at the con! The con is small enough that you’ll probably catch me easily. My costume schedule is:
I woke up around 10am in the morning hearing to MSNBC reporting that the captain from Somalian pirate attack was recovered safely. The hotel maid tried to break into my room twice while I was still in a groggy state. There weren’t any panels that I wanted to attend on Sunday, so I threw on a swimsuit and had my friends crossplay, and we went down to Exhibitors’ Hall to see what loot we can pick up on the final day.