January 2011 Site Rankings
– Total view counts: 153,067
This month marked the debut of most winter 2011 season anime, so a significant proportion of posts made in the month were transliterations of their lyrics heard on TV. The backlog for requests from November and December 2010 has been resolved.
– the WORLD, the 1st opening theme of Death Note
– 3,246 post views
When will Death Note ever sink in rating?
– Futatsu no Kodou to Akai Tsumi, the opening theme of Vampire Knight
– 2,961 post views
When will the vampires and angst die?
– Bad Apple!!, a doujin song from Touhou.
– 2,199 post views
The movement of the Touhou Wikia off Wikia servers caused an increase to daily view counts for this song. The Wikia page
was originally? is the top search result for the lyrics. View counts doubled in average, compared to previous months.
– Dango Daikazoku, the ending theme of CLANNAD
– 1,899 post views
– again, the 1st opening theme of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
– 1,829 post views
– HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD, the opening theme of HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD
– 1,738 post views
– Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, the opening theme of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
– 1,518 post views
– My Song, an insert song from Angel Beats!
– 1,480 post views
– Immoralist, the opening theme of Dragon Crisis!
– 1,439 post views
I expected posts about songs from more popular shows this winter season (i.e. Puella Magi Madoka☆Magica) to rank higher than mediocre Dragon Crisis!’s Immoralist. It even edged out the WORLD in weekly popularity this week. Perhaps it is ranking high for being unique?
– Motteke! Sailor-fuku, the opening theme of Lucky☆Star
– 1,385 post views
– A brief spike in view counts occurred for Toki o Kizamu Uta from CLANNAD ~After Story~, caused by one of the blog posts on AniTra linking to it. AniTra appears to be a site that mainly gauges foreign fan reaction and response to anime-related topics.
– For some reason, “furry” remains one of the top ten search terms people used to find my site. Is Spice & Wolf that good?
Comment of the Month
Hey the author of this song is miku hatasute (not sure boiut last name). She is a vocaloid
—tiphani, on Black★Rock Shooter