Best times were had chomping on people’s heads with Charlotte, posing with Mami-san and VOfan, attempting to sell Toradora! near the NIS America booth, meeting a ton of people new and old, laughing at the NicoNico booth comments, and hugging all those adorable girls.
If anyone has NicoNico Douga stream photos or video uploads, please let me know. I couldn’t see a thing out of my Charlotte costume and the Cirno and I (and Sakuya and Bromiji) are very curious about what people said. We were quite nervous with the people asking us questions and attempting to read comments (and failing) simultaneously.
– Slept only 2 hours due to worrying about forgetting something to take to the con. Forgot contact lens for cosplay, realizing so about 2 hours into the drive.
– Arrived at hotel after 10pm. Finally got to sleep after 1am.
– Woke up at 5am to get to the con early. Found wind and rain greeting us in Seattle, waited for the bus in Haruhi cosplay with a short skirt. Nearly froze.
– Drank a matcha latte to warm up and stay awake. Aghast upon realizing that it was not working well with lactose intolerance.
– Set up Artist Alley table. Met awesome tablemates. Realized that the display stand was about a foot too short.
– Went to Ito Noizi autograph session, got her signature on Haruhi novel, then neglected to protect the novel, so 25% of the ink has rubbed off since. Ms. Ito made comment to her manageress (“It’s the Disappearance movie Haruhi, isn’t it” “Yeah, it’s the Disappearance Haruhi”).
– Went to karaoke contest. Realized I was so tired there was no way I could belt out any song of quality. Gave up the rest of the contest.
– Went back to hotel in the rain and wind to change into Hideyoshi cosplay. Returned to convention, learned to stuff to create That Bulge, sat in a daze for the swimsuit contest.
Is anyone else going to Sakura-Con 2010, taking place in Seattle, Washington, from April 2nd through 4th? My cosplay group will be there for late Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday at the very least. We’re doing a group Umineko no Naku Koro ni cosplay, with a Kinzo, George, Battler, and Ange.
We’ll also be in the Cosplay Contest with a skit, titled “Law & Order: Seacats”. It has Scooby-Doo and Phoenix Wright. Come and watch if you can, but we’ll also try to find someone to tape the event, too.
I will have a table in the Artist Alley and be selling art there, so if you’re going to Sakura-Con, feel free to stop by my table. Currently I only have Vocaloid, Touhou, and Umineko art to go. You may request any art in the comments below.
JoAnn sent me a $10 gift card for some ‘consolation’ prize and it made me remember that I entered a Touhou Remilia cosplay costume into its Prom 2009 contest months ago just for the heck of it. I figured that the judges would at least get a laugh out of seeing a bonnet in fashion before disqualifying the entry and throwing it in the recycle bin.
- Free! Eternal Summer
- Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus
- Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
- Persona 4 the Golden Animation
- Akame ga Kill!
- Amagi Brilliant Park
- Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal
- Fate/stay night
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle
- Magic Kaito 1412
- Sora no Method
- Sword Art Online II
- Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete
- Girlfriend (Beta)
- Log Horizon Season 2
- Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu.
- Psycho-Pass 2
- Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de aru